Theresa Cocci, currently teaches in Reading, PA. She has over thirty years’ experience in the classroom and currently works in early childhood. Having earned a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, she has also earned her Orff Schulwerk Music Certification from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA.
Author visits are created and are targeted for grades, Pre-K, Kindergarten, First and Second Grades
Presentations are listed below and may be customized to fit each grade:
· Read aloud using a Power Point Presentation
· Interactive movement and music activities that encompass the concepts of the story
· Using my books and “Harry” the messy haired dog puppet, we explore self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship skills and responsible decision making with others.
· Creating rhythm chants using the theme of kindness and caring and adding body percussion
The activities below may be tailored more for First and Second Grade:
· With the use and aid of “story wands”, students think about story elements that help build and write their own stories.
· Using visuals and story map handouts, we’ll work on developing the student’s story
· Exploring an author’s journey: identifying edits, proofs, sketches and rough drafts from my publisher that highlight the steps in creating a picture book. I will share my own samples of these from my children’s books in the early stages.
What is needed?
- A large projection screen Microphone
- Table Software available if it is a virtual presentation
· An honorarium of $150 is requested for each in person visit and $75 for virtual visits.
· In person and virtual visits consist of a forty-five-minute presentation, which includes a 15 minute
Q & A period. The honorarium includes up to 3 presentations.
· Payment for author visit is due the day of the presentation
· Common Core Standards are encompassed in Theresa’s presentations which include the following:
· Key Ideas and Details-K.1, K.3, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.3
· Craft and Structure-K.4, K.5, K.6, 2.4
· Integration of Knowledge and Ideas-K.7, 1.7, 1.9, 2.7
· Registration fee may be paid utilizing credit card, Venmo (@Theresa-Cocci), Paypal or check for the date you selected and confirmation e-mail will be provided.
Mom's Choice Gold Award winning Children's book, Harry's Horrible Hair is available by selecting CHILDRENS BOOK/BUYNOW
Play Book Trailer Below for Book Preview.
Scheduling In Person and Virtual Author Visits for January 2022 - May 2022. Contact me for details @ email@example.com'